Thursday, September 3, 2009

Just an Update

Well, we have survived the first week and a half of school. Ethan tends to like it most of the time. He is a little mixed about school lunch. He likes eating there (except he said they are serving the same thing every day), but he doesn't like the milk. His teacher said he could take his own drink from home, but he doesn't seem interested in doing that. He would just rather take his own lunch.

Jordon and I just got our first callings in our ward. We are team teaching the 12-13 year old Sunday School class which will be really fun since they are learning about the Presidents of the church. And I also got the calling of leading the music in Relief Society. I guess you could say we are excited about it. We just received them on Sunday so we haven't actually done them yet.

Lindsey (Jordon's sister) just had her baby girl last night so we will be housing guests for the next little while. Jordon stopped by this morning before going to work to see the new addition and the rest of us plan on going after Ethan gets out of school.

I have also started a babysitting job, kind of. A girl that Jordon works with was looking for a new babysitter for her daughter so I started today. It will be Wed. and Thurs. and maybe some Fri. This week and next I will just have her on Wed. though while they give their current babysitter a 2 week notice. She also said if I decide I like it and am interested in babysitting more there is another girl at their work that uses the same babysitter and would probably loved to switch to me as well. She has a little 2 year old boy though and he would be all week long. I also received a phone call from a girl in our apartment building who is looking for a babysitter for her 18 month old son. It sounds like it will be a sure thing as long as I say okay to it. The girl is separated from her husband and is trying to get things all adjusted and arranged before she brings her son up here (she moved up here from somewhere).

Jordon and I have also decided to sell our vehicles to eliminate some debt and lower payments and we plan on just getting a few cars instead. That way we will do better on gas mileage and since we really don't use the truck for truck purposes very much if at all and we don't need the van because we only have 3 kids we figured we might as well. Although if I am going to be babysitting all week long I don't know that we can afford to get rid of the van because we will need the extra seats for when I take and get Ethan from school. If you know anyone looking for these types of vehicles let us know.

I think that is about all that is new with us. Ashley and Sam are still stinkers and such. Can't think of anything new with them. So I hope everything is good with everyone else.

No comments: