Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Teacher Appreciation

So today I spent about 5 hours at a park close to our house. Ethan had a "field trip" to the park by his school to have a field day. They had a bunch of mom's volunteer to plan games for the entire 2nd grade to play. They broke the kids into groups of 6-8 students to rotate through all the games. For ours I made lawn darts out of grocery bags, duct tape, and sand. Thanks Mom for the Family Fun magazine subscription so I would have the instructions on how to make these! Anyway, the kids had about 8 minutes at each station to play the games. In one of the groups was a boy who looked at me and said "You look like a vampire." I was a little shocked since this is not something I have ever been called, but I replied "Thank you" mostly because I didn't really know what else to say. Needless to say I was happy to be done with this by the time we were done. I have quite a bit of appreciation for the teachers at all the schools for having to deal with kids like these everyday for their entire teaching career.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

The Miller's are blessed with beautiful pasty white skin.

AmyGale said...

Roger gets called a vampire all the time! ;)